Isobel Pooley is a British high jump athlete, now living and training in Frankfurt, Germany. She has competed at World, European and Commonwealth Games, achieving a silver medal at the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow. She has broken the British outdoor all-time record twice with groundbreaking efforts of 1.96m and 1.97m. As a regular feature on the prestigious Diamond League circuit in 2015, she was among the World's best jumpers. Since 2016 she has been struggling with injury and hopes that a new start in Germany will enable her to reach the World elite level again.
Isobel is an ambassador for tall women's clothing company Long Tall Sally and is very proud of her 6ft3 stature. She is a passionate individual and has enjoyed working with sponsors and supporters throughout her career. Isobel has been involved in public campaigns such as Macmillan Cancer Research UK's "Brave the Shave" campaign as well as various community projects with British Athletics such as school visits and masterclasses.
- Highest season opener with 1.91 at Cottbus GER International Springer Meeting, in January
- First-attempt clearance at 1.97m at 2015 Sainsbury's British Championships to extend British outdoor record and take the British title
- Joint first on the UK all time list
- 1.96m in Eberstadt, Germany to break the British Outdoor Record
- Silver medal and new PB of 1.92m at Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games
Selected for international honours every year 2009-2014, representing Great Britain
Represented GB at senior level at 2012 European Championships and 2013-15 European Team Championships
4th at European U23 Championships 2013
No.1 in UK rankings in 2010 (U20), 2011 (U20), 2012 (U23), 2013 (ALL), 2014 (ALL TIME), 2015