Isobel Pooley is one of the UK’s leading female high jumpers and the current British outdoor record holder. She is from Fleet in Hampshire and her home club is Aldershot, Farnham and District AC, but her base is in Loughborough. She is coached by the highly respected coach Fuzz Ahmed and be part of an elite international training group that includes Robbie Grabarz, London 2012 Olympic Bronze medallist, Jonathan Broom-Edwards, IPC World Silver Medallist and Italian jumper Marco Fassinotti.
Isobel became interested in High Jump in her 6th year at school and was by then nearly 6ft tall. She loved the advantage that her height and physique gave her and a short time after joining her club she gained a first selection for GB (2009). In 2014 she won silver at the Commonwealth Games and she has since broken the British outdoor high jump record twice. The first was a 1.96m clearance in Eberstadt, Germany 2014 and for the second she extended her own British record by clearing 1.97 on her first jump at the 2015 Sainsbury's British Championships. This remains the British record and she ranks joint 1st on the UK all time list.
- Highest season opener with 1.91 at Cottbus GER International Springer Meeting, in January
- First-attempt clearance at 1.97m at 2015 Sainsbury's British Championships to extend British outdoor record and take the British title
- Joint first on the UK all time list
- 1.96m in Eberstadt, Germany to break the British Outdoor Record
- Silver medal and new PB of 1.92m at Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games
Selected for international honours every year 2009-2014, representing Great Britain
Represented GB at senior level at 2012 European Championships and 2013-15 European Team Championships
4th at European U23 Championships 2013
No.1 in UK rankings in 2010 (U20), 2011 (U20), 2012 (U23), 2013 (ALL), 2014 (ALL TIME)